Codebases we work with
What it is
CircuLaw is a knowledge platform dedicated to enabling the transition to a circular economy by identifying opportunities in current law to support a circular future.
Amidst the escalating climate crisis, the global community is under significant pressure to transition towards a more sustainable and circular economy. With the European Union's Circular Economy Action Plan and the Dutch government's commitment to a 50% reduction in the use of primary raw materials by 2030, formal commitment to this transition is taking shape. CircuLaw identifies opportunities in current law to support this circular future.
How we're helping
We're helping launch the CircuLaw open source ecosystem by:
- Helping the team better share the roadmap openly
- Identifying ways to lower barriers to contributions
- Providing feedback and guidance on process
- Supporting sustainable development
- Created by:
- Dark Matter Labs in partnership with the City of Amsterdam, Metabolic, Flux Partners, AMS Institute, Built by Nature, Circulaire bouweconomie, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, Ministerie van Financiën, Provincie Flevoland, Provincie Noord-Holland, Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland, TU Delft, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Wageningen Universiteit.
- For now, the codebase is deployed with a configuration for the Dutch jurisdiction. The community plans to expand its horizons by exploring the applicability of CircuLaw in different legal contexts, and are taking a closer look at European Union law. In doing so, the CircuLaw project will tap into an entirely new source of legal and policy innovation, transcending the interests of an exclusively Dutch audience.
- Scaling potential:
- Policy makers at all levels of government, at least in the Netherlands and likely in the European Union, and perhaps beyond.