Codebases we work with
What it is
Signalen makes it easier for residents to make a report, and helps the city respond to the most important things first.
- Algorithmic processing by type of complaint, and second layer triaging and prioritization by humans
- Automatic updates to complainants about the status of their report
- Automatic alerts to city staff based on analysis of combined reports
- Allowing reports to be passed on to other city workers and subcontractors
How we're helping
We're helping Amsterdam and the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (VNG) define a governance structure, including shared feature roadmaps and technical steering.
We're also helping make the codebase more conducive to collaboration, including:
- Clear branching and gitflow models
- Automated unit tests and integration testing
- Engineering guidelines
- Help prepare the community to empower market parties to offer the solution as Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Languages and frameworks:
- Django Python
- Created by:
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2018)
- Strong interest from other Dutch cities and the VNG (representing 355 municipalities), as well as Ghent (Belgium) as part of the European SCORE project.
- Scaling potential:
- Other Dutch municipalities
The VNG wants to make it 'one click deployable' from their Common Ground appstore.
Amsterdam, the VNG and 's-Hertogenbosch have asked for our expertise while they refactor the codebase to be more modular and reusable while it's in production in Amsterdam.