Stage 1: assessment
What it is
Signalen makes it easier for residents to make a nuisance report, and helps the city respond to the most important things first.
- algorithmic processing by type of complaint and second layer triaging and prioritization by humans
- automatic updates to complainants about the status of their report
- automatic alerts to city staff based on analysis of combined reports
- easy report transfer to other city workers and subcontractors
How we’re helping
We’re helping Amsterdam and the VNG define a governance structure, including shared feature roadmaps and technical steering.
We’re also helping make the codebase more conducive to collaboration, including:
- clear branching and gitflow models
- automated unit tests and integration testing
- engineering guidelines
- help prepare the community to empower market parties to offer the solution as a service (SaaS)
Languages and frameworks: Django Python
Created by: Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2018)
Replicating: Strong interest from other Dutch cities and the Association of Dutch Municipalities (VNG, representing 355 municipalities), as well as Ghent (Belgium) as part of the European SCORE project
Scaling potential: other Dutch municipalities
The Association of Dutch Municipalities (VNG) wants to make it ‘one click deployable’ from their Common Ground appstore.
Amsterdam, the VNG and ‘s-Hertogenbosch have asked for our expertise while they refactor the codebase to be more modular and reusable while it’s in production in Amsterdam.